Monday, January 01, 2007

Ending One Busy Year; Starting Another

I have been tremendously busy lately and haven't had much opportunity to post to my blog. First there was the year-end rush at work. I was trying to get as much done as I could in order to free up some time for the holidays. Then there were the holidays. At least I was able to enjoy them with my family. We did quite a bit of traveling between the Philadelphia and Boston areas visiting relatives and friends.

Before the holidays I managed to get up to Central Connecticut State University to make a presentation to Professor Zakri Bello's finance class. Zakri and I are old friends from our graduate school days at Virginia Tech. He's been teaching at CCSU for a number of years and was kind enough to invite me to speak to his class. It was good practice for a number of events coming up in 2007.

As of now, I am scheduled to attend the Money Show, which runs from Feb. 7-10 in Orlando. I will also be on the 11th Forbes Cruise for Investors, which goes from Beijing to Hong Kong in April.

Fortunately, our stock picks turned in another great year. Both the Forbes Growth Investor and Special Situation Survey outperformed all the major benchmarks. Although I remain bearish on stocks, they continue to rally and post strong gains. I am getting more and more worried, however, that these gains will soon end. I'll have more to say about this in the Jan. issue of the Forbes Growth Investor.